Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Birthday Cake for L- Pink and Brown



My first cake order!! Woohoo!! My friend texted me Sunday night and asked me to make a cake for one of her good friend's birthday. All she specified was she wanted a chocolate cake with pink icing. I asked if we could do pink and brown? She said her friend loved pink and brown! So, I busily got to work!
I made my favorite chocolate cake recipe and filled it with a homemade chocolate pudding between the layers. Everything is made from scratch and I used lots of organic ingredients. I made my first Swiss Buttercream icing for the crumb coat, it came out perfect, and was amazingly simple to make. Here is my cake ready for fondant!

I made my own marshmallow fondant, and a chocolate fondant. Here is a picture of the first layer with the pink marshmallow fondant.

My finished cake!! I love fondant and I have so much fun working with it. The lighting in my kitchen was tricking my camera. The pink above is the actual color of the cake.


Front side of cake, showing off the right side with the flowers.

This is the back of the cake. Notice the fondant balls in this picture.

The top of the cake with the monogram.

Posted by Picasa
My bow! (Sorry the lighting is funky!)

Another picture of the side. I am so happy with this cake!! Happy Birthday L! Thanks Paula for giving me a chance! :)
I love comments and followers!  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, absolutely beautiful! I don't even want to know how long that took you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you don't!! LOL! But it was fun and I learned a lot! Thanks Erica!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! This is outstanding! So beautiful! If I ever get married you can make my cake. But don't hold your breath on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carolyn! The pokadots kinda reminded me of the ol' circle punch. New medium, same old fun. :)

    ReplyDelete