Monday, October 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake



Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake.  My husband's favorite flavors for his 40th birthday.  I found this recipe in Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters.  It's such a fun cookbook with lots of old fashioned recipes.  They have collected from all over.  This cake is very thick and the frosting is rich.  It made one 8" layer.  The taste is wonderful but the crumb was a little dry for me.  It did not call for any eggs, and I think if I made it again I would add some eggs to the mixture.  It was perfect with some Natural Vanilla Bean, Blue Bell Icecream.  The only flavor that has no HFCS and of course no hydrogenated fats.  



Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband of 14 years.  I'm looking forward to many more happy healthy sweet years with you.  I love you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment